Today I was challenged by the Experience God campaign to go on a 30 minute walk with God. The focus was to simply focus on how much He loves me, and how much His love endures forever. On this walk I was encouraged to speak out loud, but also to listen to His voice.
My walk with God:
The great thing about a walk with God is that I could get a way from all other responsibilities and just simply focus on Him alone. During this walk I was able to hear the voice of God, and here is some of the things He said to me:
'Jeff, you must start trusting in me more than you trust in yourself. Stop trying to think you have control over your life or that you even know how to live your life. Trust in me, and I will guide you. Your wife, Rosa, is a true expression of my love for you. I blessed you with her so that I could help you understand how much I love you. Apart from me and her, you can do nothing. You need me and your wife in your life.'
And as I decided to take a seat in a grassy area with shade under a tree, God continued to speak to me:
'Jeff, you must stay in the garden of Eden that I have created for you. Here there is life, and abundance. Every time you leave this garden, I cannot bless you. Just like when Adam and Eve sinned, they were kicked out of the garden. After that, they had to work really hard for there blessing. But because of the second Adam, I have allowed you, to be able to stay in the garden, spiritually speaking. This garden is staying close to me, trusting in me, listening to me. It is here I can truly bless you.'
I learned a lot from this walk. Simple truths that I already 'knew' in my mind, but things I needed to be reminded of in my spirit. I have decided that once a week I am going to go on a 30 min walk with God.
Thank you Lord for you speaking to me,
Your son,
Jeff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment