I want to say that I have left my old man at the cross today. I left that wretched sinner at the cross today. I have decided today that I will live the rest of my days while here on earth for Jesus. The very nature of not living for God today, confuses the hell out of me. The very fact that when people know Jesus, and then decide to leave him, makes no sense in my mind, only to come to the conclusion that they want what they want, and not what Jesus wants.
Time is inevitable, it keeps on passing by, minute by minute. We run and keep going, and every minute passed is a minute closer to our death.
And without life here on earth, without life for our souls, for our spirits, it is a long disgusting miserable life, trying to make excuses to do what we do not really want to do, but we do them anyway because we think we are getting away with it.
Pay day is coming though, when we Face Jesus after we die. The bible says that all will meet Jesus face to face and will have to account for all of our actions, and why we did or didn't decide to live for Him. These words are true that I speak of not because of my great vast knowledge or facts i may have picked up from some college, or some lame college that teaches about seminary, but because of the Bible, and my relationship with Christ.
My relationship with Christ has grown close and not distant. When someone asks me if I know Jesus, their isn't this doubt within me that wants to just say yes because I am afraid of facing my lifestyle or admitting that I have been living in a manner that may have been against the very nature that I used to live by. No one can hold onto values and truly live by them alone, only Jesus can help that person live by values that they believe in, that is, to truly live by them all of the time. Try holding onto values alone, and you will end up breaking every value you believe in. This is why some people say one thing in how they live but then we find them doing the complete opposite. Because their is no foundation, their is no continual guidance, except from what they were taught when they were a Kid, and now they do not even want to live according to that because it is to difficult by themselves.
The true foundation is found on Jesus whether one believes it or not, it doesn't matter what people think or how many man made religions exist or will be invented. And only those who have a relationship with Christ can testify to the truth of that statement. If one does not know Jesus, then they have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to Jesus. Not because of my opinion, but because i have strived and purposed in my heart to make it my motive to live by the Bible, and since then, that is since June of 2003, when I gave my life to Jesus and started reading the Bible, I have never been able to say that what the Bible says is not true, because everything that I have read in the bible has been proven in my life or proven to be true in someone else's life.
So I start off by saying these things to give you an understanding of who I have become, not because of anything I have done, but because of everything Jesus has done in my life. Everything who i am is because of God, because without Him, I could never of decided to hold onto and truly live by the values that my Mom and Dad once taught me, or the values I learned from other organizations or the values that I already knew within my spirit were right.
And so now it is time to write my testimony, of who I have become In Christ. My testimony will include many verses to help you understand what and why I am saying what I am saying, but also in hoping that those who read this either give their lives to Jesus and are never the same after, or those who already know Jesus and are living for Him will be encouraged to write their own testimony so that the name of Jesus could be glorified. And that is the purpose of writing my testimony, to give God all of the glory, but to share with those who are interested in understanding why I live the way I do, and why I no longer live a "normal " lifestyle. May my testimony encourage you to be open with who you used to be, so that those who are going thru the same thing you went thru, would have hope once again, or once for the first time, and could be inspired to realize that they are not alone anymore. And let that hope be all in Jesus!
The beginning to be continued at a later date soon to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment